Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Is this big for a kidney stone?


Good news = I do have a brain! (Gray blob)
Bad news = I do have a tumor! (White blob)
I haven't had a consult with the doctor about this MRI, so I have no idea what is going on, other then the white stuff in the green circle isn't supposed to be there. When you get an MRI done, you can request a CD to be made for free(at least it was for me). It comes in a crazy file format I've never heard of before(the program comes with the CD), so, being a computer geek, I did a 'print screen' and opened it in MS Word and saved it as a .doc file. Then I had to open it in Adobe Illustrator, because Photoshop doesn't open .doc files, then save it as a .jpg and then open it in Photoshop and crop to get other text off the shot, and add the circle.
Anyways...If you look closely toward the top of the white mass, it looks like there is a crevice of some sort. The first time I met with Dr. Daniels, I remember him saying my tumor is an odd shape, referring to the first MRI shots. From my understanding thus far, this second MRI that I had done 'slices' more often, and at a closer gap between 'slices'.
Also, when I was first looking at this image, I couldn't figure out how the tumor appears to be on my left side! I was perplexed for a few minutes. Then I noticed that on the image, the 'r' was on the tumor side, and the 'l' was on the non-tumor side. Any guesses yet? I had to ask Ben what kind of black magic they use in the Tube of Gloom......The image is taken as if my feet coming toward you, and I'm laying on my back. It'd be like the camera is at the floor, shooting up towards the sky. I don't know if that was tricky for anybody else, or just me...

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so interesting! And just think, now you have an excuse for pretty much anything. If you forget something, you can say, sorry, it must be the tumor or if you don't know an answer to a question, just blame it on the tumor:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing.... technology these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this from the MRI? How did you get it? It must be nice to have connections! You'll have to explain what everything else in the x-ray is.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Darin,
    I enjoyed reading your blog. The picture and all you did to get it on line was amazing:-) I was really impressed that your Mom knew what a blog was! She and I are NOT computor whiz kids!
    Just wanted you to know we are praying for you and your family. I know first hand the peace God can give in times like this. Love, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Hey Darin...it is Kay from the land of corn....you might remember the movie People of the Corn...well some of us live that...

    Anyway...if you can figure out how to cut through all the obtusity of the computer stuff to get this image of the toohmah you are pretty dang sentient and amazing....not to mention your card shark abilities. And your writing still is very very good. Thank you

    Humor aside...praying for you, and the prayer warriors too. In this solitary journey you inhabit a space that only you and the Lord can fit in to.....but the rest of us are standing as close as we can get and praying up a storm. Thank you for your honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously Darin, you can use this as the excuse for ANYTHING! You want the last _____ (insert anything at any family event; piece of cake, scoop of ice cream, slice of ham, etc.), just mention, "Sure, take the last _____ from the poor guy with the tumor . . ." For anyone but your brother Mark, that should work perfectly. Mark would probably just make fun of you and take it anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Counter