Tuesday, May 12, 2009

April 29th, 2009 = ABR and a ENG test

Dr. Daniels had ordered these two tests for me to do. An Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) and an Electronystagmography (ENG) test. The ABR is used to "identify neurological abnormalities of the auditory nerve and the auditory pathway up through the brainstem. Electrodes are placed on the ear lobes and forehead, and insert earphones are place in the ears to deliver a click stimulus."(Taken directly from ENT Consultants:Vestibular and Neuro-Diagnostic Testing) It made me feel like frankenstien. She asked me questions like, count by 3 to 100. It was meant just to keep my brain active as it recorded the brainwaves.
The ENG test was the one I was worried about. They blow cool air into one ear, and then take some sort of recordings. Then warm air one ear at a time etc. Apparently some people get so dizzy, they vomit. I barely got a tiny dizzy, and I don't even know if I really did. I was grateful for that. I hope to get the results of these tests when I meet with Dr. Keller on the 13th of May. These tests were rather uneventful. Hopefully the results will be 'unremarkable', which I found out means a good thing on MRI results...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter