Just to prove that my life isn't at a complete stand still because of a silly tumor, I ran the Borgess "Run for the Health of it" half marathon in Kalamazoo, MI. It was awesome. I thought I was in really good shape, and I proved that I am in the best shape of my life by running 13.1 miles in 1 hour and 55 minutes, a full 4 minutes faster than my last half marathon. I felt great, and I could've run even faster, but at the time I thought I was going to be in a 25k race two weeks later, so I didn't push 100% like I usually do in races.
After talking to a few friends, I decided that strenuous excercise might not be the best thing if you have an inch sized glob pushing against your brain that isn't supposed to be there. I have tuned it down since the race, I'll run 2 or 3 miles at a time now. I'm starting to do Pilates now too. I like it, it's just hard to start something that you're bad at.
I also bought a Trek 1200 road bike the weekend before I found out I had a tumor. I've wanted to buy a nice bike for years, and 3 days after I finally get one I find out I have a tumor??!!?? I'm thinking about getting a trainer for indoors, that way I can still get use out of it, and that will be a great rehab tool. Balance issues can be a problem, so biking outdoors will be off limits for the short term. I can ride all winter indoors, and be in prime shape for a spring triathlon. That's my plan anyways...It's May, and I'm already talking about next spring. That's funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is all very interesting, thanks for sharing. I knew alot of this, but it was interesting to read it all in order. Will keep checking back for updates:)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your race time... I'm very impressed. I've been working on 3 miles for about 3 years!
ReplyDeleteSarah