Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Next Morning...

Darin had a mostly uneventful night, and slept on & off. He looks good, he's still a bit swollen, and the bandage on his head is still there. He was able to get cleaned up this morning and I think he feels better after that.


The nurse came in with some meds for him, we asked what it was. He said it was a steriod to help keep the inflamation down in his central nervous system. He said this drug works well specifically for this and doesn't cause other side effects. As he was putting it in Darin's IV he told Darin that he was giving him a steriod. Darin asked if it was the kind that would make him stronger, because he was pretty scrawny. The nurse smiled and said no, but that Darin should ask the doctor when he comes by, and to let him know that it wasn't working and to give him some of the other kind! :)


After they gave cleaned him up, Darin noticed that his leg pumps weren't working. He said they forgot to put them back on, we checked and they were on his legs, just not turned on. I thought that maybe we could just give him a few minutes break from them since he's seemed so irritated by them. But Darin brought it up again, and I asked him if he wanted me to ask the nurse to turn them back on, and he said yes. I told the nurse and he came in and said that nobody ever asks to have them turned back on! Darin's such a good patient... irritating or not, he knows it's good for him.


He seems to be resting comfortably for now. I'm keeping myself occupied by watching his heart rate which is currently holding steady at 58 & 59, last night it was up over 100 at points when he was restless. Sleep is a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say for the first day post-op you look great and have done really well. The doctor is really surprised at how little dizziness you have had today. For having such a long surgery yesterday you are in good spirits and have even made a few jokes, starting with this morning asking if your steroids would buff you up since you were scrawny:) Jeremy your nurse smiled at that one:)

    Even though you're the one having the surgery you're still asking us about if we've eaten, suggested a restaurant and then asked later to make sure we've eaten.

    It's getting late, you're sleeping now, just wanted to say how glad I am you're my brother:)

    ReplyDelete

Counter