Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day #3

Darin was able to move to the other side of the room, by the window, which has offered more privacy, and he now as a "new" roommate. Who seems content to be quiet, and rest, which is great!

We are on the 4th floor and had a great view of the fireworks. I asked Darin if he wanted to watch, and he said that he would next year.

He's had a busy day, I'm amazed at all he has accomplished. He got his IV removed and with the help of a walker can walk himself to the bathroom and back. For only being three days after surgery he's doing very well. The dr. did remove the bandage today, the stitches are towards the back of his head, from just above ear "level" down to aprrox. two inches below the bottom of his ear. Once his hair grows back it should cover most of it.
The doctor expressed confidence again today that he thinks his facial movements will return in time, I think it's an encouraging thing for Darin to hear everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter