I think I'm getting closer to being out of a job, with updating Darin's blog. He was on his laptop tonight, said he got about half way through the blog updates and needed to rest. But when I walked in tonight I was impressed to see him up in the chair and using the computer!
I think the "big" event of today was the involuntary wax job he received on his arm... with taking out the last needles for his IV... and all the tape involved in that... he literally has no hair on his arm in the spots where the tape was. He said that it hurt really bad! But he said it's nice to not have it in anymore...
He took a walk around the "block" earlier today, all the way around the loop in the wing. Which is rather impressive that he made it that far, since only yesterday going to the bathroom & back was quite enough for him. He said that he was told he has to take another walk today, and today is not over, so he's "resting" for a bit and plans to get up and do that before calling it a night.
Since the weather is so nice we thought maybe tomorrow would be a good day for a field trip down to the garden.... if he's up to it Ben offered to race him through the halls in a wheel chair :)
I was just about to close, and say that I feel like I'm lacking any funny stories to tell you.... but I was mistaken....
Darin has continually had issues with being too tall for his hospital bed and it's irritating that he can't stretch his legs all the way out. One of his previous beds was able to extend out which was nice for him b/c he could stretch. He was all scrutched up tonight and I asked him if he wanted me to go and ask the nurse if it could extend (this was only after Robyn & I tried to do it ourselves).
The nurse came in and looked at it, and didn't come up with any solutions, except to take off the end of Darin's bed! He laughed and apologized for the "ghetto-ness" of it, but he said this bed doesn't extend, but this at least fixes the problem. He said: "this is how we roll in the ghetto of Blodgett". It was rather comical...
You might ask yourself.... How many Nicholls does it take to figure out how to extend a hospital bed? More than two.... How many nurses does it take? Just one - but he has to be from the hood! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This was funny because I was thinking how hard can it be to get the bed to extend, I had seen the nurse do it before...so it made me feel a little better that one of the nurses could not figure it out either. If I had only known to tap into my inner-ghetto-ness to get it to work. Tip to remember: Call your homie when in need:)
ReplyDelete