Monday, June 29, 2009

(staring blankly at 'title' section)

I feel like I hit a writers block. Usually I can just write and write and write, and it comes easy. I typically enjoy updating the blog with the various news of the schmumor. Not yesterday. And not today. Tomorrow doesn't look good either. (time elapsed for first paragraph = 1/2 hour)
I am nervous. The butterflies in my stomach have been eaten by angry gorillas. What are you supposed to do the last couple days before brain surgery? Last week was fun, cruising around Kentucky, Georgia, and South Carolina. Losing track of 'the countdown' was easy. I should've stayed on vacation until Tuesday.
I'm not scared. But I'm worried. I know God is in control. But things have happened that I would have preferred not to happen. I have been looking forward to surgery, finally being able to put it behind me. Now that it's so close, it's scarier than I thought it would be. (I just said 'I'm not scared', but maybe I am a little) I know God brings good out of evil.

We know that all things work together for good to those who love God - Romans 8:28

Because of other circumstances in my life, I recently have been in the process of getting on COBRA insurance. A slight debacle which I won't go into all the details (it'd take an entire new blog or two, trust me). I sent in a check to be covered for the next 3 months, and I looked on their website, and they received my check and I am officially covered. I can't believe it's taken until 2 days before my surgery to have 100% confirmation of coverage, I've been dealing with this hassle since mid-March. It's a huge praise.
While COBRA is crazy expensive, it's quite a deal considering the costs of brain surgery (+$100,000). I asked the neuro, I had to know ; - )
I still have to ask someone to update my blog while I'm under the knife. Since I won't exactly know whats going on, it'd be cool to have someone write down what the nurse tells them as the surgery progresses. You've been warned...
This has been the hardest to write post ever. It is slow, and laborious. Usually I quit typing because the post is so long. I am quitting now because I'm tired of staring blankly at my laptop.

2 comments:

  1. Darin.....May He move through this carrying you all the way...and His strength be your strength and His peace be your peace...and may you feel the breath of His presence in every way.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joshya 1:9
    Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whitersoever thou goest.
    THIS IS THE VERSE THAT HELPED ME WHEN MARION HAD HIS OPEN HEART SURGERY.
    Started PRAYIN AT 6 AM THIS MORNING AND WILL CONTINUE....BEV

    ReplyDelete

Counter