Back a few months ago, near the beginning of my own version of the Acoustic Neuroma journey, I signed up for a newsletter from the Acoustic Neuroma Association. They sent me many brochures about various information on AN's, surgery types, etc. Excellent material, easy to read and informative. So when I found their quarterly newsletter in my mailbox yesterday, I was looking forward to reading it. As I read a side-column about a 48 year old male who had successful surgery in Grand Rapids, MI, I thought, "Whoa, out of all the things I've read online, nobody's ever mentioned my hometown!" So, being a stalker-in-training, I emailed the address that was used in the newsletter and introduced myself. The address was the patients wife's address, and we have emailed a few times. Al (the ANer) had surgery at Blodgett in January, of '09 with the same neurosurgeons that I have. They said they both did a fantastic job, and the people at Blodgett were awesome as well. She also said that "Prayer is powerful and makes all the difference as God promises in His Word that He hears and answers our prayers as we call upon him." How cool is that? Out of all the emails ANA could've printed, and out of all the weirdo's out their in the world, I got to email a Christian couple! Pretty amazing.
There is also a lady in her late twenties in Canada that had surgery just a couple of weeks ago that I've talked to a little bit. The worst after effect from her experience has been 'a small headache sometimes'. She said it's hard to believe how good she's doing. She played a soccer game the night before her surgery! How cool is that? She drove 10 days after her surgery. I should ask her what took her so long, I'm going to do it in 9 ; - )
Now to get to the important stuff...Robyn is correct, Jen and Berry's 'Cherry Gorilla' is really good. Or is it 'Hairy Garcia'? The tumor must be messing with my 'remember nerve'...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so thrilled about your e-mails with Al. There are no such things as coincidences--only God-incidences . . . Keep the prayers coming everyone reading this blog. Mom
ReplyDelete