On July 1st, 2009 I had retrosiggmoid-approach surgery to remove my benign acoustic neuroma brain tumor. One side effect of the surgery was almost complete paralysis of the right side of my face. I had slight movement of my eyelid, but could not close it completely. And that is all the movement I had at first. These are the pictures documenting the progress.
August 21th, 09.
(Notice the white in the corner of eye)
August 21th, 09.(Notice the white in the corner of eye)



Yeah!!!! You can close your eye!!! How awesome is that?! I have newfound sympathy for your eye after having my eye thing this past month. Still praying for your complete recovery, looks like you're getting closer all the time!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS! EYE am Very happy for you Darin! This is awesome news! Eye can imagine you are excEYEted as well!
ReplyDeleteComplete closure of your eye!!!! I am so THANKFUL for the healing God has brought to you. What a huge answer to prayer and much cause for rejoicing. I better stop before I start crying (good tears). Love,MOM
ReplyDeleteHi Darin. I noticed this week how close to normal your smile looks. I see lots of progress in just the last few weeks. Thanks for putting the pictures together.
ReplyDeleteI saw the pics last Wednesday when Mom did. -Dad