Monday, August 24, 2009
I can run!
I ran 1.17 miles tonight, in 10:43 minutes, for a 9:09 minute per mile pace. I finished in front of my house, bent over, breathing hard, and pretty dizzy. It was AWESOME. I was running 8:25-ish miles pre-surgery for 4 or 5 mile runs. I am so happy that I am able to do my favorite hobby again. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes before I'm at 'pre-surgery' fitness. There were times when I was 'wobbly' and went from edge-of-sidewalk to the other edge-of-sidewalk, and it takes extra focus to step up curbs and uneven blocks of sidewalk. Hopefully I won't regret not wearing a helmet and kneepads. (Double negative, I know! That is terrible...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations! I am happy for you--but I am glad you didn't tell me ahead of time you were going to do that. There are some things moms should only learn about AFTER the fact! Very, very happy for you. . .not only should you consider a helmet, but full body armor (just kidding!) Mom
ReplyDeleteVery good progress Darin! I don't think I could run a whole mile without stopping (at any speed!). (Dad)
ReplyDelete